Here is something that I put together today morning for those who have recently started training martial arts or want a taste of it at home.
- Warm up the major joints by moving, rolling, spiralling, rotating (neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, spine, hips, knees, ankles) – 5 minutes. Look up Scott Sonnon’s free Intu-Flow videos for beginners to learn more about warming up your joints and making them healthier.
- 5 rounds of Suryanamaskar – 10 minutes. I prefer to do it in a relaxed way that loosens up the entire body. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hSdq-50PG0
- Shadow box for 1 minute without breaks. This is where you let loose and have fun with jabs, cross, hook, front kicks, roundhouse kicks, elbows. Apply the breathing lessons from this post.
- Do 10 counts of push ups, squats, sit ups, leg raises for the next 2 minutes. Go to our Basic MMA Skills page to have a look at how to do these exercises in a relaxed way without getting tired.
- Repeat Shadow Boxing + 10 counts of above exercises for a total of 5 sets.
Once you are done, take the next couple of minutes to bring your breathing back to normal, shake off tension from stiff regions and relax.
This is a glimpse of how the training sessions at Forge MMA progress. Call 8308252872 to sign up for our yellow belt, orange belt or green belt courses in mixed martial arts.